Saturday, November 28, 2009

Make up advice for the tan impaired?

i'm really pale coloured, brown eyes and naturally blonde hair though it's dark plum/red most of the time. my style is pretty alternative, so it suits me quite well, but i would quite like some mature make up advice, usually i just use liquid / kohl eyeliner, mascara, some powder and go.


any advice?Make up advice for the tan impaired?
Ignore the people telling you to use a bronzer. Looking nice doesn't depend on having a tan, be proud of your pale skin.


Using blusher however is a good idea, it looks you look pale but healthy. You need to work out what sort of pale you are first though. People can be either pink or yellow tinted, pink people usually struggle to get a tan and just burn before going back to their original colour, yellow people can tan without burning. I'm of the yellow persuasion, so I use Boots 17 'Bramble Blush' powder blusher to liven up my face.


Powder is never a good thing to put on your face, it gets caked into your pores and can very easily look dry. Mousse foundations work best I find, providing a good base without making your face look flat.


Lips I usually outline them in a colour slightly darker than my natural lip colour and go over them with lip balm.


I used to be quite alternative, though I've grown out of it mostly now. I find that doing a cattish sort of shape with your eyeliner looks good, flicks up on your outer eye and following the line of your eye down on the end toward your nose. I fill with eye-shadow just past the crease of my eyelid and make sure it blends properly before adding lashings of mascara.


Hope this helps,Make up advice for the tan impaired?
clinique offers a bronzing gel for 18 dollars.. I use that and Laura Mercier tanning gel as well, but that one cost me like 40.00. I like the clinique better.. you should go with a bronzer and use a little blush.. NARS offers a bronzing powder that I have seen on pale skin before and it was incredible looking. Since you like the alternative look... I would use a very pinkish, or red eyeshadow ( shimmery) would be a cool change. Keep using your kohl eyeliner.. I would go with the NARS bronzing powder since you are already used to a powder, the pink or dark mauve eyeshadow and there you go.. : ) .. good luck
Go to a makeup counter. They do makeup for free and free consultation.
try a shimmery bronzer to bring some color to your face

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
oily skin