Monday, November 30, 2009

Make-up advice for odd coloring?

I say it's odd because I hardly see a person with my coloring/features.





I have light, but not fair, skin with red undertones, my eyes are very light blue with hints of light green and a dark blue ring around the iris, and my hair is light golden brown which turns an auburn/orange light brown color from the sun.





What would you suggest for any make-up to go with my coloring? I've tried all black, black and gray, black and brown, black and purple, green, green and purple...just about everything, but it never looks good.





(A side note, my cheeks are rosey and I have dark brown lashes, and freckles on my cheeks.)Make-up advice for odd coloring?
In general ,warm pastel colors may work well on you (light pinks, light peach...)





Eyes


- Black mascara (as far as I'm concerned), looks great on everybody.


- If you feel your eye color needs to stand out more, use eyeshadow in contrasting tones such as light bronzes and peaches. I hesitate to say brown because that is more in the yellow undertones family. If you find a brown with more reddish tones, then go for that.





Lips:


- I see sheer and glossy working well for you. Again, pinks, peaches, nudes, and even plums (with more red than blue)





Good luck!Make-up advice for odd coloring?
Hello I am french, and I am the same as U.





Black eyepowder is too dark for us. I have tried too, and the result is that the black dominates everything else.


You should choose colors close to golden brown. A golden brown powder eyeshadow is perfect to underline the blue of our eyes without being too strong and heavy.


I am used to use two kinds of golden brown. but these are not really brown: the darker one has a touch of coppered/bronze, the other one is beige. (nivea actually sells a trio with perfect colors: here is the french link: http://www.nivea.fr/frameset.php (I use the ';sienna';)


This is perfect because it feets to my hairs in winter and summer...


I am also used to sometimes have a very light pink/white eyeshadow when going out. Contrary to the dark make up, at night it gives a much more healthy appearance in the dark... and I look less tired than with darker colors...


Also try the ';champagne'; color. which is between a very light grey and ivory.


If you like your eyes you can complete it with a black eyeliner, and a good black or brown mascara!!!





I definitely think that these are the best colors you can use...


Same for your lips, keep natural tones. Differents kinds of beige/brown and light coffee could feet to you. Shining or not....!


Tell me if you try, I would like to know if you are satisfied!!!
I would use browns. Because you are so light and you have so many colors going on you want to stay away from colors that distract from your natural beauty. The colors you have tried would probably look fine if you had brown eyes but since you have green/blue you should try naturals browns, pinks, maybe a slight rust color. But all very light.
With your coloring it should be easy. You're a natural. You are probably wearing too much. You said your cheeks are rosey already, wear very MINIMAL blush if any. As for your eyes, I would go with neutral colors, they never give the impression of ';BAM';. Try browns, coppers, golds, and go light with them blending. Darker near your lashes and use a lighter color as you blend up close to your brows. Use a light brown brow pencil (It does a HUGE difference), but don't make a bold line... BIG mistake I see there. Avoid much eyeliner. It seems like that would give you the ';BAM'; impression with your tones. If you do want to go with eyeliner, try a light brown. And lips, just go with something subtle, that matches your eyeshadow. I have similar tones as you, and I have such a fun time with make-up, I LOVE IT! I actual am a consultant for Mary Kay, and my mother is too.
Natural color and use black eyeliner and mascara.
for your face, green covers red and purple covers olive tones but use a skin coloured foundation on top and use brown tones on your eyes
don't use blacks. those will empasize the different shades of color in your face. try using a really light gold.
The more crayons in the pack you buy the more likely you are to find odd colors. Some are named really weird, but you have to try each of them and decide which colors you think are odd. Odd colors are in the eye of the color-er.
instead of foundation use a tinted moisturizer and powder.





eyes: try nude colors (neutral beige, browns); brown makes the blue even bluer.





try a peachy/salmon color in cheeks and lips.
Go to a cosmetic store like MAC and have the reps. do your makeup. This way, you will know which colors work for you. MAC has the greatest selection of colors.
NO make at all. Simplicity. Just gloss, mascara and maybe some eyeliner. Keep your eyebrows waxed and you're good to go.





But maybe coral/orange colors and golds will look good.
It's really hard to answer this question without actually seeing a picture of you!








You might want to try going to your local department store or salon and having a make-up artist do your make-up. She/he will be able to see your skin and tell you what colours would look best on you.
almay makes eye make-up for your eye color. you could mix it up like, the eyeliner and mascara for green eyes and the shadow for blue eyes. or visa versa. if you want a foundation get something that is a neutral color but get the true blend.
Tips for good makeup


http://www.askaquery.com/Answers/qn1713.鈥?/a>
taupe/golden shadows for the eyes w/ Brown/black or espresso liner.





soft coral or pink for lips %26amp; cheeks. mute the lipsticks with soft brown liner. none necesssary if you go with a pink/coral gloss.
u should use black mascara to bring out ur eyes even more

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
oily skin