Thursday, December 10, 2009

Need some seriuos make-up advice

I have been wanting to try some mineral makeup actually foundation i have seen it on infomercials and now in stores i dont like ordering anything through infomercials so does anyone know which mineral powder foundation has the best coverage and results. P.S. If possible i would like one that covers freckles and pimples but doesnt look cakey.Need some seriuos make-up advice
Seeing as you get pimples, I would say stay AWAY from bare minerals/bare escentuals or whatever it's called. It contains bismuth oxychloride which is a known irritant, and for someone with acne it could cause you to break out more or if your skin is sensitive, it will burn your skin. Oh and with these girls above me recommending the product, still doesn't mean it's a good product. When watching those infomercials you can still see the marks on the customers faces, they are only diminished. Also, when they apply concealer to the woman with rosey cheeks, the red goes away, but once the foundation is applied, half of the redness returns, which is either the brush or because of the mineral powder irritating her skin (that would be my guess). If you are known to be sensitive (ie rosacea) why the hell would you wear something with an ingredient that is a KNOWN IRRITANT? sorry, that infomercials makes me so mad. Anyways, if you have oily/combo skin, a lot of oily gals complain how it makes them look too shiny, as you can see in the infomercials that all the users have glowy skin. Not so great for oily skin though, unless the makeup gives you a DEWY and not a SHINY look.





A few brands you could try are:


1) Physicians Formula. I use this, and it basically has light to medium coverage. Doesn't cover my existing zits, which I have 2 of, and doesn't make my skin look as though I've never had skin problems but it makes my skin look healthy. If paired with a good concealing primer, could give much better coverage. Doesn't look cakey unless too much is applied (although this goes for every mineral powder foundation on the market. little bit is all you need) and their brush sucks so much, so invest in a good stippling brush. That way if you end up wanting to use liquid instead, you don't need a new brush. Gives soft results.


2) Prestige.. I've never tried it but I do like that brand and read rave reviews.


3) L'oreal, theirs says may contain bismuth oxychloride which is why I am definitely not willing to even try it. Not only is the bottle small for something that costs 20 dollars but if it most likely contains an ingredient that will likely burn/irritate/break ouy my skin, ya no thanks!


Those are the only ones I would suggest for drug store brands. If your skin can withstand irritants, I'd say try L'oreal. And be sure to moisturize EVERY time before wearing mineral makeup, will ease in application and longevity, as well as pairing with a good primer (regardless of your skin type, primers are basically needed.)





You could also try Everyday Minerals, and order their free (minus the 4 or so dollars for shipping) sample. I got it and it took a good 2 weeks to arrive, and I ended up not really being thrilled with it. It basically gives the same coverage that physicians formula gives me, but I have to wear more of their stuff for similar results with physicians formula. Also it stung my face when I wore a hefty amount one afternoon while test driving it and my face started getting flushed and sweaty.. wasn't that nice.





My biggest tip: Go to a drug store and ask for advice, see what they recommend. Buy a few of them, and try them out and see what you like and don't like, return the ones with negative results and work up from there until you find a good match for you!Need some seriuos make-up advice
MAC. Control your pimples by washing your make up brushes and sponges as often as possble. Make up that remains on them usually allow bacteria to thrive that irritates our skin. For best coverage, tap the make up onto your face rather than wiping it on.
ARTISTRY Essentials (=


I use it, love itt. Here's how i look with it on


http://i38.tinypic.com/mbifxc.jpg





If you'd like to know more, msg me!
Bare Minerals,





check this site out:





runway-runway.blogspot.com








that site has a description of how good it is and what it can do
Bare Mineral is the best cover up. Its light and doesn't look caked on. You can get it at Ulta any big makeup store.
physican's formula since youre concerned about pimples.
Bare Minerals is perfecttt ! Go to Sephora and you can get it there ! :] I use it and I totally loveeeee it ! It's perfect and you can sleep with it !

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
oily skin