Thursday, December 10, 2009

Need make up advice?

I'm a pro-op male to female transexual going for my first job interview as a woman this friday. I'm going to wear a light beige skirt suit with a pair of brown open toed slingbacks. How should I wear my make up? I have dark brown hair and hazel eyes? Thanks to all in advance.Need make up advice?
Very light, neutral colors and don't over do the mascara. I taught make up at a modeling school for years and had several private courses for people in your situation and from what I found for some reason they wanted to do everything drag queen style and that is NOT a natural look for anyone. Get a good foundation, preferably a mineral foundation that look a little more natural and for a job interview try to stay with very neutral colors on the eyes, a nice gold or tan with a little sparkle or sheen will play up your eyes without looking overdone. Too bad your interview is so soon, I have an ebay cosmetics store, but there is no way I could get stuff to you that fast. Good luck!!!!Need make up advice?
In my opinion, most people relate transexual to ';over make-up, over-dressed';. So go minimal with foundations and eye color but emphasize on lashes, complete with a neutral color lipstick and dap a little gloss in the middle of your lower lip. (we don't want an oily lips here lol) Don't forget a peachy cheek color with just a little shine on cheek color to create radiance. Think this will goes well with your beige suit. Good luck!
On the eyes, try pink peachy neutral colors for your skin tone. Also try brown eyeliner/mascara so it won't look so harsh. Eyeliner trick, dull the end so it won't go on so heavy. Good luck
These eye shadow colours work well with hazel eyes: peach, light pink, muted pink, mauve, green, bronze green, gray-green, brown-green, khaki, caramel, gold, any green mixed with gold and all browns and grays (says Laura Mercier - top make up artist, if you like you can get her book its called The New Beauty Secrets) Good luck with your interview, knock em dead! x
  • hair bands
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    oily skin