Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I need make-up advice.........?

I have really pale skin, my foundation color is creamy natural. I have blue eyes that sometimes turn green and dark hair. I want to find a nice color of lipstick that suits me. Pink is too bright and red makes me look like a clown. Please help!!I need make-up advice.........?
There is a lipstick that is ';Green'; and when you apply it it turns the correct shade and color that is right for you. It works with your body heat and chemicals. Kind of like the mood ring.I need make-up advice.........?
You need coral, when pink is too cliched and red is too vampy.
Try sort of a rasberry tinted lipstick - not too dark since you have pale skin.
a brownish shade perhaps? a lighter shade of mocha and buffs are usually nice.
I also have pale skin and dark hair. And, I wear contact lenses so my eyes are violet (today anyway). I wear a color called ';Brazil'; by Joe Blasco. It is a dark red, but does not have any yellow tones in it-only blue. You can see it on their website-the link is below...


http://www.joeblasco.com/blascoschools/c鈥?/a>





They sell theatrical makeup so the colors tend to last longer than regular makeup. But, the only place I can get anything is online and they are not cheap. But it may be a good place to start.
have you tried coral shades or browner ones? These may look better.
Light Brown?
For summer try a soft coral or a babypink, stick to colors that have an orangy pink to them. Most RED shades have a ';blueish tint'; so that would make you look extremely 'MADE UP' and the BUBBLE GUM PINK type is made for darker skin tones.





Good Luck and Prosper...*!*...
try a light coral color lipstick. Another idea is to use a colored lip gloss in any color. Then it won't be so dark!
i also agree with the others, i hear a nice light corah or salmon color would suit your skin color. another item to take into consideration is your skin tone. skin color and skin tone are different. skin color is the actual color your skin is, and skin tone is the color that protrudes from the underneath of your skin to help give you your overall skin color. For example, I'm hispanic but light skinned. Do you know how people still think I'm some part Hispanic? Because my undertone is yellow, like many hispanics. I've actually gotten that i look asian, Philipino, because some asians have light skin but a yellow undertone. If i had a pink undertone, I would look caucasian. Compare people of different races and see if you can tell the difference.





also, i would suggest going to a makeup counter in a mall. the people that work there usually give you the correct colors to use. You dont have to buy the makeup, because it's so expensive! i know i dont. i just go, and ask them for suggestions on what colors work with my skin. Usually, if it's slow (go early in the week), they're more than happy to help you and sometimes even show you how to put the makeup on, and do it for you for that day.





good luck!
How about a lip gloss? They're usually less imposing. But try neutral shades like bronze or beiges...there are SO many out there! You can often get samples to try from some department stores or independent cosmetic salespeople (like Mary Kay and Avon). Just experiment!
well try a sparkle glossy one it looks cute on anybody!!
go with lipgloss, lipstick can make you look sick and it is hard to find a good lipstick. Lipgloss is always the best bet for us palee's :) Mack has a good line of lipgloss or go to your local shop that sells varies types of lipgloss and have fun experimenting. that's the best part.
I have the same problem and I have found that a slightly ruby tinted or wine tinted lipstick or gloss look nice! You dont look like a clown or like you have Barbie's lipstick on.
It depends on the color of eye shadow you are wearing. I have read in Cosmo many times that if you have colored eyeshadow (other than browns, or nudes) you want a nude lip color. If you insist on color is should be very subtle. If you wear a brown or nude eye shadow you would do a peach (slightly more pink/orange than your skin. Basically, choose a color that complements the natural shade of your lips and skin. Plums, wines and deep reds flatter a dark skin tone, while light-brown beiges with pink or orange undertones complement a lighter skin tone. Olive skin looks good with brownish reds, light browns and raisin shades of lipstick.





I hope this is helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
oily skin